A Legend of the Northland class 9 Poem 5 English Beehive MCQs Question and Answer
Class 9 English a legend of the northland MCQ NCERT Solution for class 9 English Beehive MCQ Question and Answer were prepared According to the latest Exam pattern practicing these class 9 English a legend of the northland MCQ Question and Answer Really effective to Improve your basics and learn all the key concepts
Question:1 what happened to the old woman’s clothes ?
- They were burnt black as she went up through the chimney
- They were lost in the wood.
- they were taken away by the thieves.
- They were torn by the wild animals.
Question:2 what curse did Saint peter pronounce on the selfish woman?
- That she shall build her shelter as bird do .
- That she shall bore, dry wood for her scanty food.
- That she shall keep boring all day.
- All of the above
Question:3 what made Saint peter angry ?
- The woman’s greed.
- The woman’s selfishness.
- The woman’s pride.
- The woman’s kindness.
Question:4 The little woman baked a cake for saint peter. then why did she not give it to him ?
- she thought it was too big to give away.
- she thought it was too small for the holy man.
- she thought the holy man won’t like it.
- she thought the cake was not tasty.
Question:5 what did saint peter ask for from the little woman ?
- A single cake.
- A dozen cakes.
- A loaf of bread.
- something to eat
Question:6 what was the little woman doing when saint peter went to her ?
- she was eating cakes.
- she was giving away cakes to the poor.,
- she was making and baking cakes.
- she was putting cakes on the shelf.
Question:7 How do the children wearing furry clothes look ?
- They look like little pups.
- they look like foxes
- They look like fawns.
- they look like bear’s cubs.
Question:8 why can’t people sleep the winter nights through in Northland ?
- Because the nights are too short there
- Because the nights are too long there
- because it is all the time night there
- because there is no night there.
Question:9 where is Northland situated?
- it is near scotland
- it is in Holland
- it is an island of new Zealand.
- it is an island of Ireland.
Question10 what was the selfish woman changed into ?
- Into a fox
- In a crow
- Into an eagle
- Into a woodpecker.
Question :11 where did the story of this poem occur ?
Question: 12 what made St. peter angry with the woman ?
- Her cakes
- she made a thin cake for him
- her greedy actions
Question:13 what do the people of Northland harness their sledges to ?
- The Oxen
- The bullocks.
- The reindeer,
Question:14 How do the children wearing furry clothes look ?
- They look like little pups
- They look like foxes.
- They look like fawns.
- They look like bear’s cubs.
Question:15 what did Saint peter do during his travels around the world ?
- Looked after the poor and the rich
- he preached the people
- he met little woman.
- he begged for food,
Question:16 what time of the day did Saint peter reach the little woman’s cottage ?
- The morning
- At Noon
- at the close of the day
- At night
Question:17 The little woman baked a cake for saint peter. then why did she not give it to him ?
- she thought it was too big to give away
- she thought it was too small for the holy man
- she thought the holy man won’t like it
- she thought the cake not tasty.
Question:18 Name the poet of the poem.
- Kamla Das
- Alice Cary
- Phoebe Cary
- Sarojini Naidu
Question:19 St. Peter’s curse change the woman into .
- A swallow
- a crow
- a Pigeon
- a woodpecker
Question:20 what was the woman doing ?
- Washing clothes
- cleaning the floor
- baking cakes
Question:21 why did the poet use alliteration in the poem ?
- To add pun to it
- To give a rhyming scheme
- To make it lyrical
- None of the above
Question:22 Examples of Alliteration used in the poem.
- tell the takes to you
- faint with fasting
- cakes that seem too small
- all of the above
|Question No||Answer||Question No||Answer|
English Beehive Class 9 MCQ
- Poem :1 The Road Not taken class 9 MCQ
- Poem :2 Wind class 9 Poem 2 MCQ
- Poem :3 Rain On the Roof class 9 MCQ
- Poem :4 The lake Isle of Innisfree class 9 MCQ