Sexual Reproduction Flowering plants chapter 2 MCQ Question and Answer
cbse class 12 biology chapter 2 mcq questions taken from CBSE Book were prepared according to the lates Exam pattern. Practising these cbse class 12 biology chapter 2 mcq questions Really effective to Improve your understanding leve.
How to get more marks in MCQ
Getting more marks in multiple-choice questions (MCQs) requires a strategic approach and careful preparation. Here are some tips to help you improve your performance in MCQ exams:
- Understand the Format:
- Familiarize yourself with the structure of MCQs, which typically consist of a question or statement followed by multiple answer choices, of which one is correct.
- Pay attention to the specific instructions provided, such as whether there are penalties for incorrect answers (negative marking).
- Thoroughly Review the Material:
- Ensure you have a solid understanding of the subject matter or content being tested. Review your textbooks, notes, and study materials.
- Make a list of key concepts, facts, and formulas that are likely to be covered in the exam
- Practice Regularly:
- Practice solving MCQs regularly to become familiar with the format and improve your speed and accuracy.
- Use textbooks, study guides, and online resources that provide practice questions and quizzes.
- Analyze Past Exams:
- If past MCQ exams are available, review them to identify recurring topics, question types, and the level of difficulty.
- Analyze your mistakes in previous practice tests and learn from them
Question:1 Normal Embryosac of Angisoperm is
- Penta celled
- seven called
Question:2 Commonly in a mature fertilized ovule n, 2n, 2n conditions are respectively found in .
- Endosperm, nucellus and egg
- Egg. antipodals and endosperm
- Interguments, synergids and egg
- Egg, nucellus and endosperm
Question:3 After fertilization ovule develops into.
Question:4 parthenogesis is common in
Question:5 An orthrotropous ovule is one in which micropyle and chalaza are.
- Obique to funiculus
- At right angles to funiculus
- In straight line with funiculus
- parallel to funiculus
Question:6 In an ovule meiotic takes place in.
- Megaspore mother cell
Question:7 In Capsella the endosperm in generally.
Question:8 All of the following structures are found in angiosperm except ?
Question:9 Totipotency is
- Development of a fruit from a flower in a medium
- Development of an organ from a cell in a medium
- Development of tissues of all kinds from a cell in a medium
- Development of tissues of all kind from a cell in a medium
Question:10 who proved that the cells are totipotent ?
Question:11 A typical angiospermic embyro sac is usually.
- One celled
- Two celled
- Five celled
- seven celled
Question:12 Father of Indian Angiosperm Embnology is.
- B.M. John
- B.G.L Swami
- R.N. kapil
- P. maheshwati
Question:13 which structures is not found is Angiosperm ?
Question:14 If cotyledons are brought above the soil the germination is .
- None of these
Question:15 Polyembryony occurs in.
Question:16 In Monocots, grafting is almost impossible because they lack.
- Ground tissue
- Vascular bundle
- Parenchymatous cells
Question:17 Double fertilization in angiosperm was discoevered by .
- J.C Bose
Question:18 How many meiotic division are necessary to produce 100 pollen grains?
Question:19 Double fertilization means.
- Fusion of two eggs
- Fusion of egg and pollen under of two pollen grains
- Fusion of two polar nuclei with the one male gamete
- Fusion between synergid cells and male gamete
Question:20 Pollination by snalls is called
Question:21 Development of fruit without fertilizations is .
Question:22 who discoevered fertilization ?
- Leeuwen hock
- Robert Hook
Question:23 when more than one embryopoer embryosac is found it is called.
Question:24 when pollen tube enter into the nucellus through micropyle is called.
Question:25 Maturation of male and female sex organs at different times is known as.
Question:26 stalk of ovule is called.
Question:27 Pollination in Lotus is .
- By water
- by wind
- by Insect
- all of these
Question:28 Haploid plants develop by pollen are called
- somatic hybridzation
Question:29 closed flowers
- None of these
Question:30 Demerit of self pollination is .
- None of these
Question:31 A dicotyledonous plant bears flowers but never produces fruits and seeds. the most probable cause for the above situation is.
- plant is dioecious and bears only pistillate flowers
- plant is dioecious and bears both pistillate and staminate flowers
- plant is monecious
- plant is dioecious and bears only staminate flowers.
Question:32 The outermost and innermost wall layers of microsporangium in an anther are respectively.
- Endothecium and tapetum
- Epidermis and endodemis
- Epidermis and middle layer.
- Epidermis and tapeturn.
Question:33 During microsporongenesis, meiosis occurs in
- Microspore mother cells
- Microspore tetrads
- pollen grains
Question:34 From among the sets of term given below, identify those that are associated with the gynoecium .
- Sitgma, ovule, embryo sac, placentar
- Thalamus, pistil style, ovule
- Ovule, ovary , embryo sac, tapetum
- Ovule, stamen, ovary, embryo sac
Question:35 starting from the innermost part the correct sequence of parts in an ovule is.
- egg, nucellus, embryo sac, integument
- egg, embryo sac, nucellus integument
- embryo sac, nucellus, integument, egg
- egg, integument, embryo sac, nucellus,
Question:36 Autogamy can occur in a chasmogamous flower if .
- pollen matures before maturity of ovule
- Ovules mature before maturity of pollen both pollen and Ovules mature simultaneously
- Both anther and stigma are of equal lengths.
- Ovules mature before maturity of pollen
Question:37 Choose the correct statement from the follwing.
- Cleistoganmous flowers always exhibit autogamy
- Chasmogamous flowers always exhibit geitonogamy
- Cleistogamous flowers exhibit both autogamy and geitionnogamy
- Chasmogamous flowers never exhibit autogamy.
|Question No||Answer||Question No||Answer|
CBSE class 12 biology chapter 2 MCQ Question These are very Important MCQs Please Read all the questions and give the answer at yourself first than you can check my answer if your answer is correct so congratulation but if your answer is incorrect so don’t worry you can practice more